If you’re looking for somewhere to go and escape the inversion, consider these 7 events happening in St. George this month:
- 1) Utah Cutting Horse Show – Feb. 3-4 – Horse cutting competition. Located at Washington County Regional Park (5500 W 700 S, Hurricane, UT).
- 2) Dixie 6 Junior Rodeo – Feb. 10-11 – Located at Washington County Regional Park (5500 W 700 S, Hurricane, UT).
- 3) The Soccer Glory Cup – Feb. 16-20 – U4 to U14 youth soccer tournament, 4 games guaranteed, coordinated by the St George Recreation Department. Contact Benji at 435-627-4560 for more information.
- 4) St. George Area “Parade of Homes” – Feb. 17-26 – It’s the 22nd anniversary of the Parade of Homes! Come see why so many people come every year to tour the 28 beautiful homes surrounded by breathtaking landscapes. New this year is transportation provided by St. George shuttle. Tickets are $12.50 for all 10 days.
- 5) Art in Kayenta – Feb. 17-19 – The 13th annual art show at Kayenta will feature live music, food and various art work in a range of mediums from all over the country, beneath the gorgeous Coyote Gulch backdrop. Free admission.
- 6) Family History Expo – Feb. 24-25 – 8th annual Genealogy and Family Heritage Jamboree. Learn all about tracing your roots using the latest technologies, resources and techniques in this intensive 2 day workshop. 9 AM to 6 PM at the Dixie Convention Center. Registration fee varies (see website for details). Exhibit Hall is open free to the public both days.
- 7) Dogtown Half Marathon and 9K – Feb. 25 – This canine-themed half marathon stretches a 13.1 mile course across Washington City. It’s great training preparation for upcoming full marathons. Entry is $30-45. Starts at the Zion Harley Davidson, 2345 Coral Canyon Blvd, Washington, Utah.